The new jointly conducted PhD program is based on the current PhD programs of the School of Urban and Regional Planning (SURP) of the University of the Philippines (UP) and the School of Spatial Planning of TU Dortmund University (TUDO) in Germany, the largest planning faculty in Europe. The PhD program is designed to equip students with the knowledge and specialized skills appropriate for planning and planning-related positions in the academe, government, and private sector.
The focus is on resilient urban development with special attention to informal settlers, disaster management, risks and hazards mitigation. It is open to Filipino and international graduate students from Southeast Asia. Preference will be given to full-time students.
- International joint PhD program and dissertation in English
- Joint supervision by professors from UP SURP and TUDO SoSP as well as Stuttgart University and LMU Munich University
- Option to apply for a DAAD scholarship to cover costs of research stays in Germany
- Joint international PhD workshops on academic writing and research methods, guest lecturers and international academic exchange
- Joint oral examination
- One doctoral degree with two diplomas from UP (PhD) and TUDO (Dr. -Eng.)
- Online publication of the dissertation with ISBN and DOI permalink
- The existing PhD regulations of both universities will remain the same
The Dual Doctorate program is open for applicants.
Please find further information here.